Monday, February 15, 2021

Snow in Battle Ground

It snowed pretty good on Saturday.  We ended up with 10 inches when it was all done.  On Saturday afternoon, I picked up my grandson at work to give him a ride home.  Afterward, I was on my way home and I came across a guy with a Ford F150 stuck in the ditch.  I'm not to sure how he did that but his left rear tire was pretty deep and his front end was almost off the ground.  I pulled up along side, rolled down my window and said, "Looks like your stuck!"  I had a new towing strap under the seat that I have been itching to use so I offered my help.  He was a bit skeptical but agreed to hook it up to the front of his pickup while I attached the other end to my tow hitch.  He did not seem to think that my little ole Jeep could pull his big pickup out of the ditch.  I didn't tell him that I was packing a diesel under the hood.  He was just going to stand there and watch, but I told him he had to get in the truck and try to drive out while I pulled.  The road had 10 inches of snow and was mighty slippery but my Jeep 4x4 pulled him right out with very little effort!  He was grateful and a little more humble.

2 comments:

Thoughts with Morning Coffee

  T oday I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say...