Monday, December 15, 2008

New Rig

I decided to talk to the salesman to see what they could do. He showed me the only two rigs that he had that were already tricked out for towing. The first one was a real dud, but the second was very impressive. It is a 2007 Grand Cherokee with 3 liter turbo diesel engine. I decided to do some horse trading and buy it. Its hard to trade horses when they have you over a barrel, believe me. It took all day, but by the end of the day, I had transferred all our gear to the new rig and was heading back to Walmart.

4:00 PM. Upon arriving at Walmart, I noticed that the new car has the hitch mounted about 10 inches higher than the old Jeep. Big Problem!! When you hook up the trailer it jacks the front end way up, too far for safe towing. Gotta do something.

Walking over the to RV dealer that I noticed earlier, I talked to the service guy there and he dug through his supply of new and used hitches. Finally found a very nice drop down hitch that looked like it would work, so I had him rig it up with a sway control ball and a new hitch ball. All this cost an unexpected $408.00....ouch.

Back to Walmart. Hooked up the hitch with the load levelers and the swaybar from my old hitch and it all looked very good. By now its getting dark and getting very cold. The WX radio is still blaring threats of snowy gloom and doom. So we again, bed down for the night. I managed to find a wireless internet connection floating in the parking lot and shot off a couple of emails.

Thursday Morning we got up and got ready to head out. I walked over to Walmart and went to the customer service counter and thanked them for letting us camp out in their parking lot and mentioned that we bought plenty of stuff while there.

ZZZZZzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts with Morning Coffee

  T oday I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say...