Monday, December 15, 2008

Dec. 10th

Its Wednesday. We should be in Idaho, but here we sit at Walmart with our hopper busted.

The engine being dead cold and having hot wired the cooling fan, we decided to give it a try. We cranked up and headed down the main drag. After only 1 mile, the radiator was boiling and at that point I was sure that we had blown a head gasket and maybe more. Short trip.

Back to Walmart at 8:30 AM. Unhooked the camper and got ready for some major trouble.

Susie settled into the camper with the heater on nice and cozy. The WX radio said a serious snow storm was heading our way and that if we were smart we would get out of town. She is going to work on a scrap book all day while I take care of the car.

What to do. I drove the jeep down to the dealership and pulled into service as the radiator started to do its thing again. I played my Frogger Gameboy game while I awaited the verdict that I already new. After 1/2 hour the service man returned wagging his head and showed me the bad test report. As I suspected, a blown head gasket with some possible transmission damage from the overheating. $2500 to $4000 estimate with a possible Walmart stay of at least a week as we wait for the repairs to be accomplished and a snow storm is on the way.

Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts with Morning Coffee

  T oday I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say...