Monday, December 21, 2020

Jeep Cherokee Side Mirror and Door Handle

 I ordered a new passenger side mirror for my 91 Jeep Cherokee.  It came today and I put it on this afternoon. In order to put it on, you have to remove the window crank, the arm rest, the door hand and lock combo, and the upholstered side panel.  After that, replacing the mirror is pretty easy.  Three screws hold it on.  Remove the small triangle trim by unscrewing the single screw at the bottom, then remove the trim.  Next remove the 3 screws and replace the mirror. 

Now here is the catch.  Once you remove the inside door handle and lock tab, it is difficult to put them back on.  It is hard to hook up the rods.  There is a small clip that holds each rod in place.  Chances are good that  they are close to being worn out.  They may break with you disconnect the rod to remove the handle.  The secret to putting it back together is to snap the plastic clip onto the hole in the handle, then put the tip of the handle into place.  Using long needle nose pliers or hemostats, or some other tool, insert the wire rod into the clip and snap the lock over the side of the rod.  Do the same with the lock button.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts with Morning Coffee

  T oday I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say...