Monday, March 8, 2021

Fixer Upper Discovered on ET Highway

Fixer Upper
We were geocaching again along ET Highway and made it to Rachael, NV (Google it).  From there we took a dusty dirty side road that has a lot of caches heading back to the East.  I think it was called Tempiyut Mine Road.  While on this road we found a very remote fixer upper that is probably available for a low price.  Nobody lives there but the birds.  Bird poop was piled up about 3 feet high under the front porch and there is a large nest up above.  There is a nice Kawasaki Ninja there too that goes with the house.

We continued on until we got to the old mine.  It was a very large one with some big buildings still standing and an open shaft leading into the mountain that descends at a slant and is lined with concrete.  We explored a little but it was getting real late and we wanted to find our way back to pavement before sundown.

In the photo below, the town of Rachel can be seen in the distance.  There is not much there but aliens have been known to visit in their UFO's.


Oh!  Oh!  Earlier in the day, while we were searching for a geocache, an F15 fighter roared over head.  He was doing at least 300 Knots and zoomed by with no warning about 100 feet off the ground. The sudden noise and vibration of the air scared us a little.  Then I looked up and here came his wingman, hot on his tail.  He too was flying about 100 feet off the ground with his wings banked so he could see us.  We could see him too.  I think they did that on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts with Morning Coffee

  T oday I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say...