Monday, December 15, 2008

Dec. 14th



Sunday. We got up early and made our way to Mc Donalds where Susie and I met with Lynnel to see how she is doing and spend some time with her. That went OK but no progress was made with her situation.

Off to church at the hugh Central Christian church. You can check it out at centralchristian.com.
They have every imaginable technical gimmick in use, three screens, loud band, visitor center, teen service in another chapel, etc etc. It was enjoyable but I'm not so sure I would want to go there on a regular basis. The pastor did give the gospel but I did not think it was made very plain. His message was on "The Christmas Conspiracy," how God was plotting to save the world.

In the afternoon, we all took the jeep to a geocache on the edge of the desert wilderness to check out the length of a giant keychain that is growing in length. Each time a geocacher visits the site, you are suppose to add something to the chain. We added a few thing and took some pictures. It was our second visit to this cache. Click this link to see the cache page.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a97bb925-4250-4fad-98fb-53aecc024162

Upon returning, we had supper at a big buffet that is about a mile or so from Josh's house then went home to watch a movie. We watched Journey to the Center of the Earth.

WX radio warns that heavy rains are coming to Vegas...we'll see. Still looks nice out.
Back in the sack.
Gambling is everywhere in Vegas. It is supposed to be lots of fun here but you rarely see a smile on anyone's face as they sit in front of their slot machines. I think there are lots of better ways to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts with Morning Coffee

  T oday I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say...