Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year.... sort of

Last day of the year.  Most people spent the year in fear and trembling, hiding in their homes and shunning crowds and even small gatherings.  We ignored all of that and just lived our lives as normal as we could amid the panic.  We plan to continue doing the same until the panic is over if it ever is.

Today we went to the dentist for a check up and cleaning at 7 AM.  Then came home for exercise, a nice walk, and lunch.

This afternoon, I worked on a welding project outside in the cold and wind.  I have had this bird in mind for quite a while.  I'm using two brake rotors, part of a tow hitch, a brace from a railroad track, 6 railroad spikes and some scrape square stock, so far.  This picture shows my incomplete progress.  I decided today that I need to order a new welding helmet since mine is "flashing" quite a bit.  

An old friend from college sent me the words to a song that he and his buddy once sang in a college chapel service and brought the house down with laughter.


Oh me, isn’t it great to love a gal so big and fat,
That when you’re lovin’ her You don’t know where you’re at?

You take a piece of chalk in your hand, you hug awhile and chalk awhile to see where you began.

Well, one day, I was a Huggin’ and a chalkin’
and askin’ her to be my lovin’ bride,

When I met another guy with some chalk in his hand,
comin’ ‘round the other side,

He had a roadmap, comin’ ‘round the other side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts with Morning Coffee

  T oday I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say...