Tuesday, February 2, 2021

What Really Happened in Genesis One

When I was doing my post-graduate studies at Florida Bible College, working on my ThB degree, I wrote a book as part of the required work.  I guess it was more of a thesis than a book but at the time I owned an offset printing press.  It was a Multilith Model 80.

  So, after typing the book on paper several times, I also typed it onto the thick paper printing plates that the press used.  Using these plates, I printed 100 copies of my book, bound them with staples, and distributed them to fellow students and friends.  

All of this was a very large task that I accomplished in one semester of work.  During that time I was taking 20 credit hours of school work, and working part time as a Medical Records Technician in a local hospital.  There were no computers.  All I had to work with was a wide carriage Remington typewriter, 3x5 cards, lots of paper and my printing press.  I look back on it now and wonder how I did it.  I was married too and must have driven my wife crazy with all the time I spent on this project.  She was a freshman student that year and also working part time as an RN at the hospital.

Years past and all of the copies of my book vanished, even my own copy.  Then one day a few years ago, an old friend sent me a package.  He said he was cleaning out his files and found a copy of my book and he thought I would like to have it.  He had kept it all those years.

I am re-typing it all now using LibreOffice Writer because it is too faded to scan and use OCR.  When I am done, I will probably post it here or maybe publish it on Kindle, who knows.  It is interesting to see the things that I wrote once again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts with Morning Coffee

  T oday I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say...