Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Yakima Canyon Road


 After breakfast this morning we loaded up and headed down Yakima Canyon Road to do some serious geocaching.  The road is very scenic and runs along the canyon bottom from a point near our campground all the way to Yakima.  A RR track runs along the opposite side of the river.


 About half way though our trip we pulled into a wide shoulder in the road to find a cache.  At the same time a Mercedes Benz sedan pulled into the same shoulder from the other direction.  We found the cache quickly and started to continue down the road.  A man in the sedan jumped out and started waving his arm.  We pulled up and he said that he had just hit a big rock and popped a tire.  He had a spare but no tools.  He asked us to help.  I dug out my tool bag and he dug out his spare and jack.  I had a power impact wrench in my bag and just happened to have the correct size impact socket to fit his metric lug nuts.  I almost left that stuff at home but threw it in at the last minute.  Good thing.  We had that tire changed in minutes and he was happily on his way again.

 We cached on until 4:30 and then headed for the RV.  After supper we found two more caches that were near by.  We are tired and very wind blown.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts with Morning Coffee

  T oday I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say...